Why does Kitchen Remodeling add Value to Your Home?
Whether you are looking to completely renovate or just rework a particular spot, Grasshopper construction is happy to assist you in creating your dream kitchen.
More than just having an attractive kitchen, bringing a fresh look into your home’s kitchen brings surprising benefits that can improve your family’s everyday living. A well-planned kitchen means you’ll enjoy a highly functional space that both your family and guests can enjoy for many years to come.
When browsing through your social media feeds, you’ve probably seen a lot of stunning kitchens. While these are great inspirations for your next kitchen remodeling, you’ll need an update that works for your kitchen space and your specific needs. Tailor-made kitchen remodeling solutions are a forte a Grasshopper Construction in Regina, SK Canada is most familiar.
What are the benefits of remodeling a kitchen today?
Kitchen remodeling is worth investing in most especially if you are able to cover most of your needs and preferences while balancing between budget and design.
Kitchens are highly likely to be subjected to a lot of wear and tear as they deal with grease, oil, and other issues that have accumulated. These problems are challenging to resolve. As a result, the advantages of kitchen remodeling are many, and they provide your home with a fresh and improved appearance.
We’ve put together a list of the advantages of kitchen remodeling so you can figure out if you need one and which areas of your home you should focus on.
1. Update Kitchen Layout – Improve Efficiency and Eliminate Inconvenience (Ergonomic Design)
As the kitchen gets the most traffic in your home, you would want to have ample space for people to navigate safely and efficiently. Nobody works well in a cramped environment. Is your workspace too small and claustrophobic? For meal preparation, you may require more counter space. With the right remodeling job, these things can be fixed or, at the very least, greatly improved.
Ideas for improving functionality:
- Ergonomic Design
- Organize and maximize storage space.
- Rearrange the space to make room for a peninsula or an island if required.
- Make a storage area for food in the pantry.
- Install more compact appliances.
- Improve kitchen lighting for a safe and efficient space.
2. Replace Deteriorating Materials – Update high-quality ones.
It makes sense to replace deteriorated materials as you reorganize your kitchen space. Things fall apart no matter how durable, gleaming, and new everything appears when first installed. Dents start to appear. Life’s wear and tear, as well as general use, take their toll. Cabinets, countertops, sink, faucet, and flooring are the most important things to update in your kitchen. Invest in products that are of high quality and will last for many years.
3. Upgrade to Meet Your Family’s Needs – Design a Family-Friendly Environment
Relaxation and peace of mind come with a well-planned space. It’s critical to renovate your kitchen with your family’s specific requirements in mind. Perhaps you’d like to create a large table in the room’s center for gatherings. Is it true that the kids do their homework at the snack counter? Do you wish your kitchen had more storage? Maybe you need more counter space because you enjoy entertaining. Whatever your requirements are, this is your opportunity to make them a reality.
Consider the following in your kitchen:
- Storage options include cabinet and pantry storage.
- Add appliances such as double ovens, beverage fridge, or microwave drawer
- Do you want an island or an eat-in kitchen?
- Are you looking for a wine or beer bar?
- Is there enough space to host a party?
4. Personalize Your Space – Upgrade to fit your personal style.
Your kitchen should be a place where you enjoy spending time. This entails comfortable surroundings that reflect your personal tastes. Grasshopper Construction will be happy to show you some of our most popular products, colors, and patterns.
The following are some examples of style considerations:
- Choose your favorite color or shape for the backsplash tile.
- Countertops of superior quality, such as quartz, porcelain, or granite.
- Cabinet knobs and pulls can be changed in style or finish.
- Is your kitchen dark and dingy? Modern kitchen fixtures will brighten it up.
- Replace your plumbing fixtures with a new one.
5. Increase the Resale Value of your Property – A First Impression of the Kitchen Lasts
When it comes to updating your kitchen, think outside the box. If you decide to sell, new home buyers will appreciate the improvements. An updated kitchen will increase the value of your home and increase its resale value.
According to the newswire, 87% of Canadian brokers consider upgrades in the kitchen such as cabinets, countertops, and appliances to provide the best return on investment for sellers, making the kitchen renovation the most popular home improvement among buyers.
Updates that will improve the resale value of your home:
- Kitchen Countertops
- Lighting – Backsplash
6. Energy Efficiency and Cut Energy Costs – By Updating Kitchen Appliances
Is it possible that your appliances are out of date and wasting energy? It’s the ideal time to update during a remodel. Kitchens are full of energy-wasting appliances that you may not even be aware of. Appliance over 25 years old will not be stamped with the EPA’s Energy Star Seal. If your kitchen appliances date back to the 1970s, it may be time to replace them. A repair can also be difficult and costly, especially if parts are difficult to come by. A kitchen remodels an excellent opportunity to take advantage of the latest eco-friendly and sustainable technologies today.
Whether you want to improve the functionality of your home or increase its resale value, renovating the kitchen can help. Even a minor update, unless you’re a highly-skilled DIYer, necessitates the services of a kitchen remodeling contractor. How do you find a reliable contractor who will transform your home at a reasonable cost? It all boils down to their credentials, service offerings, and work quality. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at Grasshopper Construction in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada, to learn more about how you can improve your personal space while staying within your budget.